Welcome to the Business Analyst Hub, I’m so glad you are here 😃
Business Analyst Hub is the central place for business analysts to learn to be effective and productive business analysts.
I started the Business Analyst Hub to learn, share, and support other Business Analysts to discover and experience rewarding business analyst careers.
I want to provide a safe community where new and experienced Business Analysts can collaborate, provide encouragement, and work smarter.
The goal of Business Analyst Hub is simple:
#1. Help Business Analysts discover the type of role and position that best fit their skill set, experience and career goals.
#2. Present well written and researched articles providing tips and advice to help Business Analysts achieve their full potential and advance in their careers.
#3. Research and recommend tools, templates and resources for enabling Business Analysts to do great work.
I am passionate about technology not for the sake of it (that’s geeky lol) but because of how it impacts businesses.
I originally studied Telecommunications and Computer Networks Engineering (a mouthful I know. Even I don’t know how I did it) and International Technology Management at Warwick University (best educational experience ever).
I enjoy learning so I went all out and got a doctorate in Technology Entrepreneurship looking at Technology Incubators and it Impacts on Technology Entrepreneurship Development in West Africa.
I am a Business Analyst Consultant by profession which perfectly matches my passion for business and technology.
I did not fall into a Business Analyst career, I sought it. Even though I was working in digital transformation in a different capacity, I was unaware I was performing business analysis.
I essentially help businesses and technology communicate with each other effectively.
My experience cuts across Telecommunications, Education, Fin-Tech, Construction, Digital Marketing and the Travel Industry.
My specialities are in Business Process Discovery, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation.
I am driven by my family and the younger generation of Africa.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I started a business just to have enough money to buy a kid a laptop in Africa
- I don’t believe in work-life balance. My life is my work and my work is my life. It’s intertwined.
- I am an introvert but people tend not to believe me especially my wife.
- I had a viral post on LinkedIn. I’m still overwhelmed by how much my personal story resonated with so many people.
- I am ‘Patrick’ and I am lucky to be married to a ‘Patricia’. We decided to name our kids with ‘P’ names and we call our home Peesville.
- Myself and Patricia my wife have the ‘Dr’ acronym to our name. It’s so cringe!
- I was a Business Analyst long before I officially held the title.
- I have been through depression twice. Once when I had a major business failure and second during the last year of completing my PhD
- London is my favourite city!
- Apparently, my daughter is my exact look alike but sadly I can’t see it.
- I think I am dyslexic but I can’t be bothered to do a test to confirm.
- I love productivity and have various ways of maximising my time but somehow things always get out of control lol.
- Most people have just one boss. I have 4 bosses I report to directly. My wife, my boss at work, my boss at Career Masterclass and my boss at church.
- I am the first and only one with a PhD in my entire family.
- I am an average student. What helped me is incurable energy, curiosity, resilience and drive to be successful.
- I don’t think cooking is science. I think it’s art.
- I sang the baby shark song at an interview and still did not get the job.
- I love soccer but do not support any club team and have never visited a stadium
- I am a very brave man but noticed I became very ‘jumpy’ when I started having kids lol
- I am passionate about inspiring the younger generation of Africa
- I don’t want to just die old. I want to die empty.
- My ultimate dream to have an innovation hub in Africa to provide digital training and free internet facilities.
- I am an imperfect Christian. My faith is at the centre of everything I do.
The views I express on this site are solely mine and do not represent those of my employer.
In numerous instances, UK English spellings are different from American English spellings. You will notice this with words like colour/color or flavour/flavor.
In most cases, the content on Business Analyst Hub is based on UK English. That said, there are other times where you might notice genuine spelling or grammatical errors. I am human, please use the contact page.
If there are any materials or links on this site that you believe violate any copyright laws, please let me know.
I am really grateful to you for stopping by.